- Mulesoft had one of the best opening IPO days of 2017 when it went public a year ago on the New York Stock Exchange. Prior to its public offering, Mulesoft raised money from Salesforce Ventures.
- MuleSoft’s technology is used by customers to link their business apps, databases, and corporate IT infrastructure into a unified system.
- MuleSoft says it currently has more than 1,000 customers worldwide. They include McDonalds (MCD), Coca-Cola (KO) and Netflix (NFLX).
- 4pm update: Salesforce will pay $44.89 per share for Mulesoft, a 36 percent premium — each Mulesoft share will equal $36 in cash and 0.0711 shares of Salesforce common stock, the companies said. The deal is expected to close by the end of July.
- It is the biggest acquisition in Salesforce's history.
3/20/18 : (Reuters) - Salesforce.com Inc is in advanced discussions to acquire U.S. software maker MuleSoft Inc, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
A deal could be announced as soon as this week, the sources said, cautioning that negotiations had not been finalized and that an agreement was not certain.