Stitch Fix beats by $0.10, beats on revs; guides Q4 revs above consensus (raises FY19 outlook)
- Reports Q3 (Apr) GAAP earnings of $0.07 per share, $0.10 better than the S&P Capital IQ Consensus of ($0.03); revenues rose 29.1% year/year to $409 mln vs the $395.06 mln S&P Capital IQ Consensus. Q3'19 adjusted EBITDA was $(0.3) mln vs. ($4)-1 mln guidance.
- "Q3'19 results demonstrate our continued commitment to balancing growth while making measured investments for the long term. We grew net revenue by 29.1% compared to Q3'18, expanded our gross margins year over year, scaled our existing categories, and prepared for our international launch in May."
- Co issues upside guidance for Q4, sees Q4 revs of $425-435 mln vs. $421.76 mln S&P Capital IQ Consensus, based on their expectations for continued momentum in net revenue per active client and consistent growth in active clients; EBITDA $5-10 mln vs. $7.6 mln ests.
- Raises FY19 EBITDA to $38-43 mln from $33-43 mln; rev to $1.57-1.58 bln from $1.49-1.53 bln.
- "We grew our active clients to 3.1 million, an increase of 17% year over year. At the same time, we continue to drive engagement with our existing client base, growing revenue per active client 8% year over year. These results demonstrate our ability to attract new clients and to serve our existing clients well. The continued strength of our Women's category and the growth of our Men's category give us even more confidence in our ability to scale new categories and geographies."